(as of Oct 20,2021 17:15:16 UTC – Details)
An indispensable, easy-to-read resource from international bestselling children’s author Karen Inglis. “A masterclass all wrapped up in a book.”
Have you written a children’s story that you can’t find a home for? Do you need help with your early self-publishing journey, or with more advanced children’s book publishing and marketing strategies? Are you traditionally published but curious about other options?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you’re in the right place.
How to Self-publish and Market a Children’s Book (Second Edition) provides practical, in-depth guidance and key strategies for self-publishing in print, eBooks and audiobooks, and for selling more children’s books face to face and online.
After reading this book, you will understand:
- How you can self-publish your children’s story at little or no cost
- Why print matters for children’s self-publishing, but why eBooks are also critical for marketing
- Why it’s important to work with professional children’s editors, illustrators and cover designers, and where to find them
- How to set up successful school visits and other events — and how to plan and run virtual events
- Best practice and expectations for getting into bookshops
- Which tools and platforms can help with your book marketing, including key strategies for Amazon ads and other advertising
- How to get reviews
- How to create and market children’s audiobooks
- When and how to approach translation and foreign rights
- Options for upfront printing and who this is suitable for
- Where to find other self-publishers for ongoing support and advice
Self-published international bestselling children’s author Karen Inglis has sold over 300,000 children’s books in print, over 20,000 eBooks and over 8,000 audiobooks. Her popular middle grade time travel adventure The Secret Lake is now in translation in eight languages. Karen’s picture book The Christmas Tree Wish was shortlisted for the 2020 UK Selfies Award for best self-pubished children’s book. Her latest picture book The Tell-Me Tree has received praise from teachers and parents alike for helping children talk about their feelings, and is being used in UK classrooms.
As well as writing for children, Karen has over 30 years’ experience as a professional copywriter and writing training consultant. Her ability to organise and explain topics in plain English won her praise for the first edition of this book. This expanded and updated edition for 2021, which now includes virtual events, audiobooks, foreign editions, and detailed advertising strategies – as well as more tools and platforms to help with your book marketing – will not disappoint.
One reviewer described the first edition as ‘”A masterclass wrapped up in a book’“. We think that pretty well sums up the second edition too!
With everything together in one place, and a comprehensive table of contents to help you quickly find what you need, How to Self-publish and Market a Children’s Book (Second Edition) provides a powerful ready-reference that you can come back to again and again.
‘How to Market a Children’s Book’ – standalone edition if you understand self-publishing
If you are a seasoned children’s book self-publisher and are looking only for marketing support, search for ‘How to Market a Children’s Book’ by Karen P Inglis. This separate edition, also released in May 2021, incorporates the marketing content of the combined book. It assumes you fully understand the various self-publishing options and distribution processes for print, eBooks and audiobooks.